Following
48,737 followers|37,310,053 views
Dr.Seuss 



May 30, 2014

I go away for two minutes, and both Diesel and Peanut act like I've been gone for a month... LOL.



9:59 PM

Being a veterinarian, I'm afraid I'm going to have to bust a bubble here. No different than us humans, animals need mental stimulation; especially domestic pets. As they do not need to hunt or forage for their meals, that frees up a lot of time needing to preoccupy with something else during the waking hours. 

"Love" the way it's used here...not quite the same thing. Actually, anthropomorphism. Closer to bipolar or unipolar depression. 

YES! They are glad to see us. Beats sleeping all day. Same as children, it's all they know, and their ability to endure stems from their ignorance of other alternatives.

For they know not tomorrow; nor why we, their owners, are here today."(applies to children as well)
James E. Avery, DVM

Personally, I keep at most, three adopted cats at a time. And I let them go in and out as they please...when I'm at home. The technicians and other doctors get mad at me because I also four paw declaw them to protect my leather furniture.

"THEY CAN"T DEFEND THEMSELVES!!!" usually the chorus.

"At least some of the chipmunks get away. It a fair trade," always be my reply. 

I've yet to have anyone say another word.